2020 SURF Virtual Grand Prix Series
|San Diego 100||
(race book with turn by turn directions)
|Noble Canyon 50K||
11 miles (upper loop, 11 pts)
100K – 62 miles (72 pts)
18 miles (Loop 3, 18 pts)
13 miles (Loop 2, 13 pts)
31 miles (Loop 1, 31 pts)
|Mt Laguana Marathon||
Marathon (27 miles, 37 pts)
11 miles (North loop, 11 pts)
16 miles (South loop, 16 pts)
Check back as this will be updated
● You must be a current San Diego UltraRunning Friends (SURF) club member to participate.
● You can complete the course any day within designated month, there is no set time or day but it must be within that particular month.
● You must upload your time by midnight of the last day of the month or it does not count.
● When you complete the distance, submit your results here: https://forms.gle/j3ZxTBSGetcYN6fSA
● Results will be posted in the first week of the following month.
● You must not pause your watch while running a segment of a race's course. Once you start running do not stop your watch until you have finished the segment of the course you are running. There are no cut off times, regardless of distance.
● You must complete the actual course. If you get off course, you can’t pause your watch while you retrace your steps to get back on course (the clock keeps going!).
● Earning Points:
○ Earn 1 point for each mile. You must complete the entire section listed to earn points (if you complete 7 miles of a 12 mile section you do not earn any points).
○ You can earn points for completing each distance listed for that month. For example, on four different days in October you can run the entire course, loop 1, loop 2, and loop 3 of the Cuyamaca 100k course and earn a total of 134 points that month. Running the entire course at one time gets you 10 additional pts (points noted above for each distance).
○ Top time for each age group earns 5 points (fastest time)
○ Overall top male and top female time for each distance earns 10 points
○ If and when trail work is allowed again, you will get 10 points each time you volunteer.
● Please keep our trails clean, leave no trace.
● Be kind to others. This is not an official race therefore there will be hikers, mountain bikers, etc on the trail. Treat everyone with respect.
● Please follow COVID-19 guidelines and do not run in groups, wear a face mask and stay six feet apart on the trails.
If you have questions about the course, logistics, etc please post on our SURF Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/sdultrarunning) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is an open forum so we can help each other out.
● Awards will be given at the end of the year.
● Every participant who completes one or more distances will get a t-shirt and medal.
● Top three male and top three female point earners will receive special swag along with shirt and medal.
● Participants and age group leaders will be recognized in a SURF zoom call after monthly points are posted.
San Diego Ultra Running Friends supports our diverse running and trail community, providing our members with happy, healthy opportunities to run, race, volunteer, and socialize. We work to create an inclusive environment to cultivate friendships, provide encouragement, and celebrate every runner. We also encourage members to maintain local running and hiking trails for public benefit to foster environmental awareness in parks and national forests.
Copyright © 2020 San Diego Ultra Running Friends
Our SURF logo was created by graphic designer, Anne Braggins. Contact her at email@example.com